Servoy has some tutorials on their wiki, however, in this example, I’m going to show using a different certificate provider specifically for code signing purposes. For this, we will get a Code Signing Certificate from Sectigo. I use http://ksoftware.net to purchase the certificate because they offer it as a reseller at a discount of $99 per year, or even cheaper if you buy a multi-year.
2. Go through the order form entering your information. It will automatically generate the code signing request from your browser. Its key to use IE Mode since that has the ability for the browser to generate and install certificates
3. You will get an email from Sectigo and they will ask for your information to confirm your identity of the SSL cert. For a business, your Articles of Inc or Business License with do. For an individual, you just need drivers license or passport.
4. Once it has been validated Comodo will send you a link to retrieve your cert. Again, use Firefox to retrieve the certificate. (it will actually install it into your browser)
5. Next, export the cert to a PFX file. Instructions here: How do I export my Code Signing Certificate from Internet Explorer? : K Software . The PFX file contains your Key and your Certificate all in one convenient file. You will be asked for a password when you export it. Remember what it is.
(B) Application Server Jar Signing using CodeSigner tool
The Code Signer tool requires the keystore to be in a standard JKS format, instead of the bundled PFX format. So, you need to convert the keystore. The easiest way is to use Portecle. Download here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/portecleinstall/
8. Run the installer and open Porticle
9. Open your mycert.pfx file, provide the password
10. Click on Tools/Change KeyStore Type/JKS menu. (If you don’t want to use the default password (which is password), click on the menu keystore password)
11. Save it, and you now have mycert.jks
Thats it. You can now take that jks keystore file and us it with the Code Signer tool here: Wiki – Code Signer – ServoyForge